Become a member
Why become a member?
Make your voice heard and ensure that DSO interests and values are represented at EU-level in DSO Entity’s decisions. Contribute to future proof conditions that enable DSOs to actively facilitate energy transition. To guarantee diversity and a balanced representation of all DSOs in Europe (big / small, local / urban etc.)
Who can become a member?
All European electricity DSOs in Europe can join the organization. DSO Entity is committed to ensuring a diverse and balanced representation of all electricity DSOs within the European Union. It provides a platform where DSOs can contribute to developing network codes, providing neutral expertise and sharing knowledge and best practices. A Distribution System Operator (DSO) is the legal person responsible for operating, ensuring the maintenance of and, if necessary, developing the distribution system in each area and, where applicable, its interconnections with other systems and, for ensuring the long-term ability of the system to meet reasonable demands for the distribution of electricity, as defined by the Electricity Directive (EU) 2019/994.
What does the membership include?
- Information, feedback, and assistance from DSO Entity on multiple technical and regulatory topics, including the EU agenda.
- A vote in the General Assembly (direct or indirect participation via proxy possible)
- Contribute to the drafting of Network Codes
- Participating in one or more Expert Groups and Task Forces in different workstreams (e.g., Network Codes, Flexibility, Data Interoperability. Etc.)
- Learning on best practices from fellow DSOs through our knowledge sharing program
- Reception of monthly newsletter with updates on DSO Entity activities
- Possibility to be involved in national and international events
- Being informed on latest development on the legislation processed
- Possibility to contribute to Public Consultations opened by the European Commission, stakeholders, and DSO Entity itself.
There are no immediate fees associated with registering; however, after approval by the Board of Directors and by the General Assembly on your application, your membership will become active and an invoice for the membership fee will be delivered.
The membership fee will fairly reflect the number of connected customers of your company. The membership fee is re-approved every year during the General Assembly.
The membership fee for 2023 has been approved by the General Assembly as follows:
FIXED FEE + VARIABLE FEE x NUMBER OF CONNECTED CUSTOMERS
€350, - + € 0,00594 x NUMBER OF CONNECTED CUSTOMERS
Number of connections
Member fee cost 2023
Membership fee shall be included in DSOs’ revenue streams through grid tariffs at national level, subject to approval of its respective National Regulatory Authority (NRA).
Admission shall only become effective after payment of the annual membership fee.